McAfee is antivirus software specially designed to protect you and your data from the exploits on the internet. As you know, the internet is a place full of cybercriminals and hackers who may attempt to launch a cyberattack on you. To protect your device from hackers, you need McAfee antivirus. However, there are times when you have to uninstall McAfee software from your system due to some unforeseen reasons. The issue arises when you don’t know how to uninstall it. If that’s the case, then you can give us a call at McAfee customer service number.
Uninstall McAfee in Windows 10
You can remove the McAfee antivirus from your system by using the system settings. Whether your computer came preinstalled with the McAfee or you have installed it in your system, both can be removed by using these steps:
- You have to type Settings in the Search box of Windows 10 and then from the search results click on Settings.
- Under the Windows Settings, you can select Apps.
- You can search McAfee through the search box and then select the McAfee product you want to remove.
- Now select the option of Uninstall and select it again to confirm that you want to remove the antivirus software.
- After Windows 10 has uninstalled the software, you can close the Settings window and restart your computer.
Remove McAfee in Windows 8
- You need to tap on the Windows key for accessing the programs that are installed on your computer.
- You have to right-click on the McAfee product you wish to remove and now select the Uninstall option.
- After that, from the Window of Programs and Features, you can select the McAfee product for removing it.
- Then select the Uninstall/Change option and select Uninstall again to confirm your choice.
- You need to wait until Windows uninstalls the antivirus software and can close the Programs and Features window.
- You must restart your system to make sure that your software was uninstalled.
Uninstall McAfee in Windows 7
- Go to Start menu > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
- Then you have to select the McAfee software to be removed.
- Now select the option of Add/Remove or Change/Remove.
- Click on the Remove and then confirm your choice again to proceed if Windows requests the permission.
- Wait for few minutes for the Window to uninstall the software and then you can restart your system.
Uninstall McAfee From a Mac
- You need to open the Applications folder in the dock.
- Then you have to open the app named as McAfee Internet Security Uninstaller.
- You must select the check box of Uninstall SiteAdvisor for removing the McAfee browser add-on.
- Now click on Continue and then type your administrator password and tap on OK button.
- Then select the Finish button once the uninstallation process is complete.
If you find difficulty while uninstalling the McAfee software, you should not waste your time and reach out to experts via Antivirus support number. This number remains accessible all day long without any time and location constraints to help McAfee users.