When it comes to data security on your computer Norton believes that you can never be too careful. The Norton Product Tamper Protection is a unique security feature that prevents outside programs from making changes to the Norton software. This feature was introduced in Norton 2006 and later products and was designed to protect against unknown, suspicious, or threatening applications. You can call the Norton customer service and speak to a trained expert to check if the features are available on your current software.
Temporarily turning off the Norton Product Tamper Protection before you run Windows System Restore will help to solve a number of minor technical errors that may arise. You can also go through this blog to learn how you can enable or disable the feature for your Norton software.
Steps to Enable/Disable your Norton Product Tamper Protection
The exact steps to enable or disable Norton Product Tamper Protection may differ based on which Norton product you have or which version you are currently using. Here a quick look at the steps you will need to follow based on your product.
If you are using Norton 360, follow these steps:
- Go to the ‘Start’ menu and run your Norton 360 program.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ option and wait for the Settings window.
- Go to the Quick Controls section and look for ‘Tamper Protection’
- Select the box and uncheck ‘Norton Product Tamper protection.’
- Press the ‘Apply’ option and then click ‘OK’ to complete the process.
If you are using Norton Antivirus or Internet Security, follow these steps:
- Click on the program icon and start the Norton product.
- Navigate to the Norton program setting and continue.
- Open the Settings window and click the General tab.
- Go to the left pane and click the ‘Product Security’ option.
- Look for the status indicator next to the Norton Product Tamper protection option.
If the indicator is ‘On’ you can click it once to turn it off and then select ‘Apply’ and ‘Ok’ to save the changes you made. Keep in mind, after you enable or disable the Norton Product Tamper protection you will need to run Windows System Restore again. You can call the Norton support number and consult an expert to know how to complete Windows System Restore so that your software runs without any error. Norton experts are available to give you detailed instructions on how to fix any error related to Norton Tamper Protection or any other feature of your software.