Contact McAfee Customer Service Number for Help
McAfee is a popular and on-demand security software that is compatible with PCs, laptops, smartphones, and tablets etc. It protects the user from online threats and also the PC by detecting the virus and warning the user. It acts as a defense barrier between the PC and the internet and keeps a constant check on the flow of information in and out of the PC. It offers protection to personal and business type computers from routine cyber-attacks. Its scans each and every file in the pc for possible threats and blocks files containing hostile codes. It also functions to oversee internet traffic for suspicious activities and also to protect without causing any disturbance to your daily activity. It offers a full range of security products like antivirus, spyware programs, and firewall. It also has a variety of features that will protect the computer and the user against viruses, worms, Trojans, phishing activities, and other harmful programs. For more information on McAfee software, you can contact McAfee customer support number. Through this support number, you will receive all the answers to your doubts and queries. It is available 24 hours a day and it is toll-free.
Setup and installation Process of McAfee Antivirus
McAfee is one of the most popular antivirus software available today. Here are the steps you can follow to install and setup McAfee Antivirus on your computer:
Step 1:- Open your browser and go to home.mcafee.com
Step 2:- Click on My Account, enter your credentials and sign in.
Step 3:- In case you don’t have McAfee account select “new user” and enter the required details to sign up and create a new account
Step 4:- If you are using your personal device and you want the website to remember your credentials, click on “Remember me”.
Step 5:- Go to “My account” and select the McAfee Product you want and download it.
Step 6:- Enter your McAfee Activation Key and then click “Next”.
Step 7:- Go through the terms and conditions of the agreement and click on “I accept”.
Step 8: There may be some final basic requirements, follow the instructions given to install and configure the McAfee Antivirus software.
McAfee Antivirus Features
The features that McAfee has to offer to its customers are unique and astounding. It comes in a variety of forms and each has its own distinctive ability that safeguards the computer or mobile device against malicious attacks. Some of the sole features of this antivirus software are listed below:
- Protection from doubtful aspects: as soon as the user installs the software it starts protecting the pc or laptop from the undesired internet or network traffic. It also shows the status of the window firewall if a personal firewall has not been installed.
- Providing personal firewall protection and alerts: the software not only protects the computer but also sends out an alert if it detects suspicious or harmful activities. It also provides options to help rectify the problem.
- Virus and spyware protection: this feature scans the pc to diagnose eliminate threats. It also scans your files, emails, documents, IMs for threats every time you use the PC.
- Data protection and backup: it allows you to lock and secure your files in a virtual vault with its own unique password. It allows lets users save their most important files so that they can access them from anywhere.
- PC optimization and parental control: with the help of ‘quick clean’ it erases unwanted files and improves the overall performance of the PC. The parental control feature lets you take charge of what your child can see or access from the internet or in the computer itself.
Common Technical Issues with McAfee Antivirus
The promising features of McAfee antivirus are sometimes overshadowed by the problems or issues of the software. Even though the features are there to protect the computer from harmful threats, it can’t always promise a hundred percent overall protection. Users have faced many issues along the way and some of these problems that cause irritation to the users are:
- Billing issues with the antivirus software.
- Issues with Installation and uninstallation.
- Problem turning On in Windows 10 PCs.
- Irregularity in the scanning process.
- Slowing down of the computer after installation.
- The occurrence of download error codes like 12152, 1920, 1068 etc.
- Issues with McAfee Personal Firewall Plus.
- Updating issues with the antivirus software.
- McAfee Antivirus Not Working
- Issues with error codes b0740e, 12002.
- Constant issues with error codes 7305, 76567 and 10053.
If you face any of these issues it is best to troubleshoot it right away to prevent further damage to the system. And if you need any sort of technical assistance you can contact McAfee helpline number to get instant solutions to your problems.
Dial McAfee Toll-Free Number for Instant Support
If you get in the way of any technical hiccup or problem with McAfee antivirus software, reach out to professional techies via McAfee tech support number. Techies on support service are well trained and experienced and capable of solving any issue with McAfee antivirus software. You can get the support of these techies through toll-free number as well as by live chat support. Live chat support and official number is available on the official website. This is the fastest way to know the troubleshooting steps and solving the problem with McAfee antivirus software. Techies on this service will instantly pick your call and help you.
Frequently Asked Questions
To install McAfee antivirus software in your computer you need to follow the steps below:
- Insert the McAfee cd into the cd drive.
- Click ‘agree’ on the End User License Agreement.
- The installer will start running and you might be required to enter some inputs.
- When required, enter the product activation key from the CD.
- And enter the McAfee credentials when asked.
To disable the McAfee protection, you can follow the steps below:
- Open the McAfee application on your computer.
- Click the ‘navigation’ link and under this select ‘virus and spyware protection’.
- Turn off the ‘real-time scanning’ option.
- On the ‘turn off pop up’ box select the time frame.
- Click ‘turn off’ again to turn off the protection and click ‘done’.
- Go to ‘web and email protection’ and under the ‘firewall’ option you click ‘turn off’.
- Close the application.
Follow the steps below to uninstall McAfee from Windows 7:
- Shut down the McAfee application and click the start menu.
- Go to search and type in ‘programs and features’ and press ‘go’.
- Locate McAfee safety Center and press uninstall.
To update your McAfee antivirus software follow the steps below:
- In the system tray at the bottom of the screen, click on the McAfee
- Then click ‘update security’.
- After the update is done close it and restart your computer.