Do you want to transfer your Norton service from one device to another? If yes, then it is not that easy to do as it appears. Some people think by uninstalling the Norton from your one device and then installing it in another device; after that, enter the activation key. If you think after this process your Norton service will work in the new device, then you’re mistaken. Because the activation key that was entered in your one device first needs to be removed from it and then only you can install the Norton software on your new device. If you don’t know how to remove the activation key, then you can call Norton customer support to seek help from the certified experts.
Transferring your Norton Service to a New Device
Norton membership has a limited number of licenses that can be used by you for protecting your specific number of devices. After using your license, if you want to transfer the license to a new device, then you first need to check whether a license is left with the subscription or not. Follow the below-mentioned steps to remove the Norton license from one device:
Remove the Norton License from Your Device
- First, sign-in to your Norton antivirus by entering the correct credentials.
- Now click on the My Norton > Device Security > View Devices/ Review Devices.
- On the Device Security Page, you have to identify the devices that you no longer wish to protect.
- If you don’t see any devices, then go to History to see the list of inactive devices.
- Click on the ellipse icon present below the devices and then click on the icon of Manage License.
- Now you have to select Remove License and then hit Next.
- Click Yes to confirm it, and once the license is removed from a particular device, it means that this device is no longer protected.
Download and Install Norton Software in the New Device
- In the new device, go to the official website of Norton and click to download the latest version of this antivirus software.
- You need to save the installation file in your ‘Downloads’ folder and then right-click on it to choose the option of run it as an ‘administrator.’
- Follow the onscreen instruction for installing the Norton antivirus.
- When a pop-up to enter the activation key appears, enter the activation code so that your Norton service can be activated.
If you find any difficulty while transferring Norton’s service to a new device, then you can take help from certified technicians. You can call the Norton helpline number to speak with the experts who can resolve the issues faced by Norton users.