McAfee Antivirus offers consumers a smart way to increase the security on their computers or smartphones. Thanks to McAfee Antivirus users from around the world can protect their personal data and also safeguard their identity in the virtual world. The antivirus allows you to secure all your devices and protects them from malware, viruses and many other virtual threats. With millions of customers spread around the globe, McAfee is constantly collecting and analyzing data to develop more advanced tools to help their customers. Even though they regularly update the antivirus software, customers may sometimes experience an error that stops the program from running. McAfee customer support is always ready to help when there is an issue with the antivirus. Have a look at the issues mentioned below to get a better idea.
Common Issues of McAfee Antivirus
When you are faced with issues in the antivirus software you must keep in mind that there may be several different reasons behind that particular issue. It would help you could identify what exactly is the problem.
Here are some of the common issues McAfee users’ face that prevents the software from running smoothly:
- Existing Malware: If there is already some sort of malware or virus in your system then it may disrupt the working of McAfee Antivirus.
- Windows Update: Sometimes when you update Windows certain files that McAfee needs to run may get deleted. As a result, the antivirus may stop working.
- Unlicensed software: Make sure you are using the official McAfee Antivirus software. If you are using a pirated version it will not be that effective and it may stop working after some time.
- Compatibility: Sometimes two different antivirus software’ clashes with each other and may stop working if they are not compatible. To ensure the smooth working of McAfee it is better to delete any other antivirus.
Troubleshooting McAfee Antivirus
When McAfee Antivirus stops working your computer or smartphone is vulnerable to attacks from viruses and hackers. You can try these quick McAfee Antivirus troubleshooting steps to get your system back online and get the software running again:
- Just switch off your device and restart it after a while
- Uninstall McAfee Antivirus by using the removal tool
- Delete any other antivirus software that may interfere with McAfee
- Reinstall the software using the official set up file from the McAfee website
- Update the software and then restart your system
- Restore the system settings to the last time McAfee was working
Remember when you see that your system is giving problems or that the antivirus is not working properly then it is not safe for you to use the internet as it may contract a virus. If the McAfee Antivirus is not working as it should then it is best to avoid working on any financial transactions while online as your personal information may be deleted or corrupted through a virus. In this case, you should call the McAfee support number and speak to a trained expert who will be able to guide you on how exactly to protect your personal computer or smartphone when the McAfee Antivirus is not working.