Malware and viruses present a genuine threat that you need to address every day. That is why you need to make sure your Avast Anti-Virus software is running smoothly, and your PC is protected. If you ever encounter any error related to your anti-virus software you can call the Avast technical support number and consult a software expert to troubleshoot the problem. You should also learn more about Avast software error since it may help you in the future so that you can always keep your computer safe from online threats. This article will give you a general overview of how to solve the “Avast Background Service not running” issue since it is a common error that can disrupt your anti-virus software.
The ‘Background Service’ error message will normally appear along with the ‘Start now’ and ‘Resolve all’ options. You will most probably face this issue after your Avast. You can use any of the solutions mentioned below to fix the error and get the background service running again.
Solution 1: Run AvastEmUpdate.exe or Update Avast
- Open the Settings menu and click on ‘Apps & Features.’
- Search for the Avast Free Antivirus option and click on it.
- Press ‘Modify’ and click ‘Yes’ when the UAC dialog box appears.
- Open your Avast application and click the Update option.
- Restart your computer and check if the background service is running.
Solution 2: Re-install Avast Antivirus Software
- Open the ‘Apps & Features’ section on your computer.
- Find Avast Free Antivirus from the list and click ‘Uninstall.’
- Visit the official Avast website and download the latest version
- Complete the instructions and install the downloaded Avast file on your computer.
Solution 3: Modify & Repair Avast Antivirus Software
- Go to the Applications and Features settings on your computer
- Select Avast Free Antivirus click on the Modify button
- When the User Account Control dialog box appears, click Yes
- Click the Repair button in the Avast application window
- Wait until setup repairs your Avast software and then reboot your computer.
Solution 4: Startup Type Automatic
- Open the search bar from the Start menu and type “services.msc”
- Go through the list of results and click ‘Services.’
- Look for the Avast Antivirus service in the Service window.
- Open the Avast Antivirus Properties window.
- Use the drop-down box to select the Startup type section and set it to Automatic.
Solution 5: Disable Avast Shields Control
- Locate the Avast icon on your system and right-click it
- Go to the context menu and select Avast Shield Control
- Tap the slider, so it turns red to disable the Core Shields
- Enter the time duration you want to disable Avast Shields Control
- Reboot your system and launch the Avast Antivirus software to check if the background service is running.
If you have trouble completing the steps for any of the solutions mentioned above, you can contact Avast phone number and ask for additional help. Avast software experts are available 24 hours a day so that you never have to risk the security on your system because of a technical error. You can reach out to, so an expert at any time of the day to get a detailed step-by-step guide to fix even the most complex error related to your Avast Anti-Virus software.